Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Rip Curl Week 5


So I have already established that the client, Rip Curl, likes to have the extremes or maybe a better way to say that is to have action happening with the image and I think this is an important element to keep.

I find it really difficult to come up with a comprehensive list of techniques and equipment I would use for this portfolio because of the extensive shot list. The gear that I use for my studio shoots is going to be completely different from that of the location shoots.

Studio Shot List
1.     1 x Close up image – For this image I was thinking of using a rip curl hat so this would use your standard gear but I don’t just want to have the hat by itself so to correct this I thought having a model wearing it would be better.
2.     1 x Glassware image – This image I was hoping to capture some sort of glass if rip curl makes one. To increase the beach feel I was going to create a beach background by using a picture of the beach blown up and also with some sand around the image.
3.     1 x Chrome/Shiny object – for this image I was thinking of doing a row of images similar to this one:

4.     1 x Image demonstrating camera movements – to demonstrate this image I thought that I would have a person hugging a surf board with a row of other surfboards in the back with the rip curl logo clearly in focus

Location Shot List
1.     1 x Landscape image -
2.     1 x Architectural interior – For this image I thought that I would go down to the surf shop in Gerringong and photograph inside the store.
3.     1 x Architectural exterior – I thought that this would be really good chance to photography a surf house/hut along the beach.
4.     1 x Industrial image – I have no idea
As you can see I’m not exactly sure on the techniques and equipment I will be needing to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment